"When the waves rise against me and the wind tries to draw me away I will stand on the mountain, safe in Your arms. I will sing, I will sing. Be still my soul, be still. Wait patiently upon the Lord." ~ "Be Still" by Kari Jobe
Listening to this song I am reminded that no matter how crazy and busy my mind seems to be, that I need to trust in Him and to let my soul be still. I find my self constantly trying to figure things out all on my own. It seems that I'm in a forest, a wilderness, and there are so many paths around me. Some seem like the way to go, but I find myself running towards that path, and then running back second guessing myself. I'm learning everyday to listen to the voice of God, even in the little decisions.
This is my hearts cry:
"Lord, I will hold fast to You and will not cease to follow You; I will keep Your commands that You have given. I will fear You and serve You will all faithfulness. I will serve You faithfully and wholeheartedly in reverence. Lord, as long as I live, I will follow You. I will go forth in Your strength and proclaim Your mighty acts with a sincere heart."
"I love you, Lord God. I will listen to Your voice and hold fast to you. For you are my Life" ~Deuteronomy 30:20
No comments:
Post a Comment