As I was getting advised for summer and fall classes I was needing two more hours of elective courses. I am currently taking Beginners Ballet this semester, and I enjoy it very much. Dance has always been something that I admired and appreciated as an art form. But for someone reason I felt very drawn into taking a Beginners Piano class. If you know me and have seen my hands, my fingers are very long and dainty. "You have 'Piano Hands'" was something that I've always been told. I have hands like my late Great-Grandmother. My Great-Grandmother played the piano with such beauty and passion. She taught my "Poppie" and he too plays with the same passion. I have always wished that I could play but I thought that in order to be that good you have to start when you're young. So I never took lessons. But, since my great-grandmothers passing, I have had this strong desire to step out of my comfort zone and take lessons. I am so blessed to be at a university that offers so many choices of electives to choose from. By taking the Beginners Piano class I not only will receive college credit but I will be taught by very prestigious and talented professors. So next fall I will be taking the class and will hopefully with lots of practice one day be able to play with the same passion.
Sunday, April 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I think this is a great idea, Stephanie.I will be praying for you in your endeavors. You never know what God has in store for the future with this piano playing skill.
Post a Comment